06 November 2007

6 Months on...

The first real post in far too long.

It's now been about six months since I landed on the United Airlines flight from Tokyo to Chicago, officially ending my trip and returning back to the heartland, to the United States. It feels like it was just yesterday that I came back, yet it feels like eons ago when I was in Tokyo.

The last six months have been a whirlwind. I've kept on traveling, mostly for political and job reasons, to Los Angeles, Chicago, New York City, Washington DC, Omaha, and I've lived in Kansas City, Des Moines, Iowa, and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Yet I feel unfulfilled, and not surprisingly, I'm back exactly where I was six months ago, at home, living with my parents, trying to figure out my next step.

I don't wish that I was still on my trip. But I do with I had just returned home, to that optimistic feeling, and I wish I could redo the last six months with more focus. My book is coming around, but slowly, my goal of having a draft finished in six months now passed, I haven't gotten that job that I wanted, nor have I fulfilled my trip dream of having my own apartment or place in cool neighborhood.

Hopefully soon. Hopefully.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home